handmade stairs ltd
Handmade Stairs Ltd are a growing company based in Ayrshire, specialising in custom made wooden stairs, handrails and balustrades. We can offer bespoke staircases and balustrades supply only or we can supply and fit to the highest standards. Our extensive range of pre-designed staircases and materials offer a wealth of styles and finishes to suit any budget. With an experienced team who have been creating beautiful stairs for the last 20 years, you can be assured of the very highest standards of workmanship and collaboration.
You, as the customer, can design your own dream staircase or, alternatively, let us design it for you based on your creative brief. We believe that every staircase should be individual and since it's is often the first feature that is seen when entering a home, it should reflect the character of the people who live there. Whether your staircase requirement is a simple structure to get you from one level or another or your dream staircase, we will deliver on time and on budget.
Handmade Stairs Ltd are committed to environmentally responsible production and practice.
All our materials meet EU Timber regulations which aim to prevent the trade in illegal harvesting of timber.
- WE COMPLY WITH BRITISH AND EUROPEAN STANDARDS:
- BS 585-1: 1989 Wood stairs. Specification for stairs with closed rises for domestic use, including straight and winder flights and quarter or half landings (current, obsolescent).
- BS 585-2: 1985 Wood stairs. Specification for performance requirements for domestic stairs constructed of wood-based materials (current, obsolescent).
- BS 1186-2: 1988 Timber for and workmanship in joinery. Specification for workmanship.
- BS 5268-2: 2002 Structural use of timber. Code of practice for permissible stress design, materials for workmanship.
- BS 5395-1: 2010 Code of practice for the design of stairs with straight flights and winders.
- BS 6100 Glossary of building and civil engineering terms.
- BS 6399-1: 1996 Loadings for buildings. Code of practice for dead and imposed loads.
- BS 8300: 2009 Design of buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of disabled people – Code of practice.
- BS EN 204: 2001 Classification of thermoplastic wood adhesives for non-structural applications.
- BS EN 300: 1997 Oriented Strand Boards (OSB). Definitions, classifications and specifications.
- BS EN 312-4: 1997 Particleboards. Specifications. Requirements for load-bearing boards for use in dry conditions.
- BS EN 312-5: 1997 Particleboards. Specifications. Requirements or load-bearing boards for use in humid conditions.
- BS EN 622-2: 2004 Fibreboards. Specifications. Requirements for hardboards.
- BS EN 636-1: 1997 Plywood. Specifications. Requirements for plywood for use in dry conditions.
- BS EN 636-2: 1997 Plywood. Specifications. Requirements for plywood for use in humid conditions.
- BS EN 636-3: 1997 Plywood. Specifications. Requirements for plywood for use in exterior conditions.
- BS EN 942: 2007 Timber in joinery. General classifications of timber quality.
- BS EN 1365-6: 2004 Fire resistance tests for loadbearing elements. Stairs.
- BS EN 1670:2007 Building hardware. Corrosion resistance. Requirements and test methods.
- BS EN 15644: 2008 Traditionally designed prefabricated stairs made of solid wood.
- BS EN 12765:2001 Classification of thermosetting wood adhesives for non-structural applications.
- BS EN 13501-1:2007+A1:2009 Fire classification of construction products and building elements. Classification using test data from reaction to fire tests.
- BS EN 14076:2013 Timber stairs. Terminology
Our mission is to design, create, install and restore beautiful, functional staircases to the highest standard of craftsmanship with integrity, honesty, value and teamwork at the forefront of everything we do.
Please check out our photo gallery to get a taste of what is possible and see the standard of our work.
We will continue to add new selections.